Who doesn’t enjoy a book or five! Well if you’re like me then you probably have a raft of books lining your shelves at home. I’m often asked which books I can recommend about creativity, inspiration and finding your inner purpose. Help and advice comes in different forms so reading is an excellent way to supplement coaching and overall personal discovery!
Here’s a few books I’ve taken note of which seem to tick the boxes…
- Be More Pirate: Or How to Take On the World and Win by Sam Conniff Allende
- Rebel Talent: Why it Pays to Break the Rules at Work and in Life by Francesca Gino
- Creative Superpowers: Equip Yourself for the Age of Creativity by Daniele Fiandaca
- Playing Big: A practical guide for brilliant women like you by Tara Mohr
- The Crossroads of Should and Must by Elle Luna
- Make Art Every Day: A Weekly Planner for Creative Thinkers by Katie Vernon
- Creative Sprint: Six 30-Day Challenges to Jumpstart Your Creativity by Noah & Mica Scalin
On my own personal journey I’ve also read books such as ‘Feel the Fear and Just Do It’, ‘The Artists Way’ and ‘Finding Your Own North Star’ – they are a bit gung-ho (American writers!) but they are essential reading for either getting up and just doing something, or investigating your practise as an artist. Sometimes we lose our way and need a mini shake-up, reading (aka ‘Learning and discovery’) is always the best way to start the inner process!
Please add your favourites or any extra titles to the comment boxes below 🙂